sexta-feira, 2 de outubro de 2009

Analyze and interpret

In my job among other things, i am paid to analyse and interpret.

Mainly numbers...
Translate those numbers into something that actually means something.


First rearrange them into tables and graphs, with weird x and y axis.

And then create a story out of it.

Sometimes it makes sense...but for one nice story, there are a lot of almost nice stories untold.

I am paid to see patterns where "normal" ( and i still seek for a good definition of normal) people can lose their minds. Honestly, sometimes i am also lost in those numbers without noticing....and thats the beauty of it.

In my mind those abstract figures make sense...and its almost art!

When i look at a sculputure, at a painting, even when listening to a song (a good one) i wonder what those artist where thinking when they create those forms of art.

I think you can do that with graphs!

At least i can!

And apparently i am good at it!



But....and there is always a but.

When i leave my abstract world, sometimes i cant even see what is right in front of my eyes...things that for other people (those normal ones) are obvious and for me make no sense.

Like being in a room full of people that once i called my friends, and feel like i am sitting in an empty room.

Worst...politely smiling and deeply desiring their disapearence...


I feel like i am failing to analyse and interpret the real world, with real people and real feelings.

My mind is not right, i know...


Just give me some time, and some space alone. So i can see what everybody else sees!

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário